We are delighted to invite you to our student induction day on the 4th July 2018.
The aim of the day is to meet staff, other students and to feel confident and excited about your first real day in September 2017, when you officially start at Oriel High School.
During your Induction Day with us you will experience:
- A taster lesson: (so you know what to expect)
- Team building activity: (so you feel comfortable about working with other Year 7 students)
- Mentor time: otherwise known as Tutor Group time (so you feel happy about being with other Year 8, 9,10 and 11 students)
- A performance by current students: (so that you have a taste of what you could achieve in the next few years)
- A free lunch : (so you can have a practice at having your lunch in the restaurant)
You and your parents will have the opportunity to meet again with staff, and your Learning Mentors, in the evening at the New Year 7 Parents Evening on Wednesday 4th July 2018 (in our Main Hall from 6:00 – 8:00pm).
We know that starting a new school is a very exciting time, but also a very worrying time … especially if you don’t know what to expect.
Once you have spent a day with us we are sure that you will enjoy your summer holidays even more and will be looking forward to starting Secondary School with us in September 2018.
We look forward to seeing you on the 4th July 2018.
Please arrive at school in your current school uniform, by 8.45am (no PE kit needed)
Staff will meet you on the front steps and guide you to the Main Hall.