Extra Curricular Activities
There are lots of good reasons why students should get involved in after school activities.
Students gave these reasons for participating as their top ten:
- they are fun (and usually free!!)
- learn new skills
- discover new talents and interests
- work with teachers in a different way
- have help to catch up on work they didn’t understand in class
- can lead to extra qualifications and certificates.
- learn at their own speed and in their own way
- make new friends
- become self confident
- open up new career options.
Below is a list of the after school activities offered at Oriel High School this half-term. Some activities are designed to support the curriculum, such as Homework clubs and lesson specific catch-up. Some activities are extra- curricular and are there to provide the additional experience of taking part in a fun and interesting activity with other students outside of normal lessons. Some of these activities will run all year, some just this half term, so do check here regularly for updates.
The Drama department also offer opportunities for students to take part in a range of extra-curricular activities, for example theatre trips, whole school productions, Drama club and supported study after school hours.
Many students take every opportunity they can to perform!
Upcoming / ongoing extra-curricular activities in Drama include:
· School Production, TBC. Planned for 2018
· Drama Leaders. Students are given the opportunity to be involved in the running and maintenance of the Drama Department.
· National Youth Theatre auditions. Students aged 14+ can audition to be involved in this national theatre company at the school.
· New York – Trip planned for 2019. Details to follow.
· Disney 2018 – Trip planned for 2018. Details to follow.
· Oriel Oscars – Celebrating excellence in Drama. Summer 2018.
· Drama Clubs, TBC.
Click the link below.