Invitation to new parents/carers of September 2017 Intake. Wednesday 5th July 2017, 6pm – 8pm
We are delighted to invite you, as parents/carers of our new September 2017 intake to an informal meeting at 6pm where you will:
- Be introduced to the Head of your son/daughter’s Learning Community
- Meet your son/daughter’s Learning Mentor, who will discuss procedures and expectations
- Find out about software that parents and students have access to
- Tour the School
- Ask any questions you may have
- Arrange appointments for uniform fitting
- Make payments for Windmill Hill residential
We are delighted to invite you to our Student Induction Day on Wednesday 5th July 2017, 8.30am – 2.45pm
The aim of the day is to meet staff, other students and to feel confident and excited about your first real day in September 2017, when you officially start at Oriel High School.
During your Induction Day with us you will experience:
- A taster lesson: (so you know what to expect)
- Team building activity: (so you feel comfortable about working with other Year 7 students)
- Mentor time: otherwise known as Tutor Group time (so you feel happy about being with other Year 8, 9,10 and 11 students)
- A performance by current students: (so that you have a taste of what you could achieve in the next few years)
- A free lunch : (so you can have a practice at having your lunch in the restaurant)
We look forward to seeing you on the 5th July 2017.
Please arrive at school in your current school uniform, by 8.45am (no PE kit needed)
Staff will meet you on the front steps and guide you to the Main Hall.