Curriculum > Business Studies
Mr S Cowley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms S Szweda - email@example.com
MR B Cleaveley - firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to deliver Business and Economics as a worthwhile and enjoyable experience that is taught with passion and enthusiasm; preparing learners to become effective and ambitious business people.
Living in a world dependent on Business being successful to drive the global economy we aim to prepare learners for a lifetime of success within business organisations
We are a growing Department currently with 3 full time members of staff. The Department has access to four fully air conditioned ICT suits with full access to interactive whiteboards.
We believe as a team that is important that all students can:
KS4- GCSE Business Studies
Students will study the AQA Business Studies GCSE specification which consists of three units as outlined below:
Unit 1- Setting Up a Business
Assessed by : written paper ( 1 hour) 60 marks 40% of the overall GCSE
Unit 2- Growing as a Business
Assessed by: written paper ( 1 hour) 60 marks 35% of the overall GCSE
Unit 3- Investigating Businesses
Assessed by: controlled assessment 40 marks 25% of the overall GCSE
What Skills Students Develop
While studying the first two units of this course students will learn a lot of new things:
· Students will engage actively in the study of business in order to develop as effective and independent and as critical and reflective thinkers
· They will use an enquiring, critical approach to distinguish facts and opinions, to build arguments and make informed judgements
· They will develop and apply their knowledge, understanding and skills to a variety of issues in a range of local, national and global contexts
· They will appreciate the range of perspectives of different stakeholders in relation to business and economic activities
· They will consider the extent to which business and economic activity can be ethical and sustainable
· They will appreciate diversity and recognise similarities and differences of attitudes and cultures in society
KS 4 BTEC BUSINESS Level 2
What Skills Students Develop
Students will develop knowledge and understanding in the business sector, focusing on providing opportunities:
How Students Are Assessed
All eight units will be assessed internally and will be externally moderated through a portfolio of evidence. Although there will be some practical aspects, written evidence is highly important and must be thorough and well considered.
Evidence for assessment will be generated through a range of diverse activities including assignment and project work, case studies, role play and oral presentation.
A three-point grading scale of Pass, Merit and Distinction is awarded to all units. Successful completion of all eight units can lead to four GCSE equivalent Grades A*-C.
|To find out more about opportunities at this remarkable school contact us at :|
WWW.ORIEL.W-SUSSEX.SCH.UK or call us on 01293 880350
Email : email@example.com | Fax 01293 880351 | Oriel High School, Maidenbower lane, Maidenbower, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 7XW